Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting my divorce finalized
Here is a previous case by *** (Identity withheld for privacy reasons).

I'm looking for an inexpensive lawyer that could help finalize my divorce from my husband. We already went through arbitration on Aug 11, 2022, and I thought that after mediation, our divorce would have been finalized right away. We were told that the agreement was not binding until it was reviewed by the attorney. My husband was supposed to be paying the lawyer, but he has not done so. He has failed to pay the fee of $200, and the lawyer is no longer pushing the case. We got married on 10/24/13 and have been separated for six years now. We shared two girls, ages 6 & 10 years. We have no business or properties together. We had some debts which were paid off by me because he was not willing to pay. We share nothing apart from our children. An arrangement was made for my husband to take the children on the weekends. He has also said the specific reason for not paying the lawyer is to avoid paying child support since he was not divorced, and could come and go as he pleases. I thought the process would have been quicker, but I'm waiting for the case to be reviewed and riding it out.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.

[-]
Quick Reply