Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GoBank and Green Dot
Here is a previous case by *** (Identity withheld for privacy reasons).

I checked my account and I saw that there were three charges of $9.50 four charges of $28.50 four more charges of $9.50 and I had four more charges of $18.36 pending that I didn't authorize. I got my Gobank debit card out and call the number on the back of my card. The automated system asked that I want to file a claim it made me aware that if I proceeded to put in a dispute that my account will be closed I proceeded it then told me that if I want to get any money or anything I'll pay any bills first because once I proceed and say yes that it would be no way that I could get any money off of my card I proceeded. The guy that I spoke with I told him I wanted to file a dispute because I didn't know where those charges were coming from he told me that the way the process worked he would have to email me a dispute form, which he still hasn't emailed me the dispute form. He also told me that the four charges of $18.36 I had to wait until they posted before I could dispute them he then told me that he could send me a new card in 10 business days I told them that I did not want a card . Danny start placing me on hold after about the third time he come back and told me hold on he told me he had to transfer my call cuz he couldn't help me he transferred me to a lady she was assuring me that she could send me a card just like I explained to him the money that I had in my account was for my Christmas and I didn't want any more of it taken and I told her that I want her to close my account and send me my $1,500 in a check. She kept trying to assure me that no one would know my card information and I kept telling her please send me a check then she began putting me on hold the second time she put me on hold the phone hang up and soon as it hang up it rang from a one-800 number. When I answered the phone because I simply thought maybe she just hung up on me by accident it was a guy saying that he was from Green Dot disputes and he was going to help me get back my money he told me my last couple of transactions and I told him yes they were correct then he said to further verified he was going to send me a code and to send him the code so he can make sure that he was speaking with the right person a code came in my phone instantly I told him the numbers I didn't read the message I just told him the numbers he put me on a hold and hung the phone up I looked in my bank account and all of my money was gone I called and my account had been closed I could not get back in my account anymore online but if I called I could hear my balance. I then looked online and found the dispute forms and sent them in I disputed the $1,300 that took and all the other charges I've been writing the office in California the office in Austin Texas and the two offices in Ohio sending them my dispute forms and my claim about a month later at the beginning of the year I got a letter from them saying that my $1,300 would be granted to me I then called the 1-800 number and I could hear what they had given me in my last few transactions they had refunded me my money at the end it told me that within 10 business days I would have my check and if I didn't have my check to call them well 10 days past and when I called again they had taken that message off about me getting my money and it said the new message said that they were reviewing my account to see whether or not that they were grant me my dispute. 3 weeks ago I received a check for $1,400 and they still owe me $74 before I got that check I had received the check for $0.80 cuz that's all that was left in my account you can tell that both checks were manufactured at the same place and on the ladder that is attached to the check it says take all checks to Walmart they will cash the 80 cent one I couldn't take the $1,400 check I took to Walmart when the lady ran it through the machine she told me that she can't cash it here and she gave me a receipt what they phone number to some place called Certegy. I called them I read all the information off from the check to the lady on the phone and she told me that she couldn't give me any information about the check being that I didn't write it but she advised me to try Kroger or Publix. I took it to Kroger Publix and when they both ran the check through the machine they said the same thing that they couldn't cash it. I called Green Dot and they kept insisting that I take it to a bank I told them that on the check it says take it to Walmart and if Walmart wouldn't cash it why would a bank cash it so the lady told me that she would send me a check and that I would have it in 10 days which would have been February 2nd 2023. I never received the check . And now when I call Green Dot they are giving me the runaround is there any way that you can help me ?

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.

[-]
Quick Reply