Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with divorce case
I am looking for an attorney to represent me in a divorce case with my husband JW. He was the one that filed for divorce, he is the plaintiff and I am the victim here as he raped me and the case also involves domestic violence. We have been married for almost 24 years, it's about 23 years and 9 months. He is currently living with his girlfriend while I am living in 1 of our 3 houses. We have 3 houses in total in both of our names. We have adult kids who would be living with her, so minor would be involved. We have been separated since January or February of 2022.

We have a lot of debt, as we have a business we run together. We also have cars, a boat, and a motor home. We plan to split the cars and sell the others as we have been working through some stuff. We owe a FBA loan of $146,000, a credit card total of about $50,000 and we have mortgages on 2 of our homes. A case was already filed in the Superior Court East County Division at 250 Main St, El Cajon, California 92020 in February 2022. I didn't want to ask for alimony, but I would in the case where I got sick. He wouldn't be able to ask for alimony against me because of domestic violence. He might not even be able to take care of me if I got sick as he is under investigation by the DA office and he might go to jail.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.

[-]
Quick Reply