Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uber
Here is a previous case by *** (Identity withheld for privacy reasons).

For almost 4 years I've worked as a bicycle courier delivering food with Uber. Recently I was terminated due to "Fraudulent activity" which I believe to not be true.

This occurred a few days after I cancelled the second part of "stacked" order (2 separate customer orders accepted at once). Until recently, Uber would tell us both drop-off locations before accepting the job. Now, the second drop-off point is not disclosed beforehand, and we have no idea where it is going. They did not tell us about this change. When I completed the first order in the stack, I expected the second order to be in the same location shown when I accepted, but that was not the case. I cancelled it because I didn't feel safe going there.

Uber may have hid the address purposely to manipulate me into going to an unsafe environment I would not normally go to. I am on a bicycle, which increases the risk of injury to myself, so I only accept orders in a bike-friendly environment. I was misled and it could have caused injury if I didn't cancel. I did not steal food/commit fraud as Uber is claiming. I would like to be reinstated and possibly compensated for lost income.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.

[-]
Quick Reply