Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small claims case in Santa Clara County
Here is a previous case by *** (Identity withheld for privacy reasons).

We were dealing with a small claims COVID rental release case in Santa Clara County, and I just received judgments from the judge in the mail stamped on the 15th of November, but it was created on the 10th of November. I currently reside and have resided in San Diego County where the property is. I am having this issue with the owner of the property. We resided at the property for 3 years. I need to get some more information on how we can put in an appeal and how we can get the logistics regarding us not receiving our security deposits and the judge didn’t get any of that information nor took any of that into consideration and putting a small claims judgment for an individual over almost $8000. Again, this is regarding heading an appeal for a small claims matter that is in Santa Clara County, but we don’t currently reside there. We lived there on a job transfer and moved back to San Diego after our entire U-Haul was stolen and we needed to get back to a safe spot, but the judge was not willing to listen to any of our concerns and made the judgment of the $8000 to be paid to the owner of the property for an individual in a small claims matter. We also didn't receive our $36,000 security deposit that was paid to her. The name of the judge is EJ and we went to the Santa Clara County Superior Court. They also didn’t submit the COVID release form to get the funds for the state of emergency that was in place back in 2020. This was submitted in the COVID amendment release that was signed and dated April 5th, 2020, and we didn’t get those funds. This appeal needs to be filed quickly and I am driving down to the court to get more details on how small claims work. I need communication from a lawyer on how to submit the appeal for the judgment as the property is in Santa Clara County and we reside in San Diego.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.

[-]
Quick Reply