Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Claim for 80K owed in rent from owner of a towing company
Here is a previous case by *** (Identity withheld for privacy reasons).

I have contacted several companies, and somehow you called me back. I rented my property to ‘D’ who owns a towing company G1 Towing Incorporated. We had a signed contract. Within the first year, he paid half his rent, then in the second year, he gave me checks for 10k that kept bouncing. He wasn't paying his rent right and because of that, I took him to court to be evicted. At the time when I took him to court, he had only owed 4 months' rent which was roughly 15K. A few days after taking him to court, the courts were closed due to Covid. Because of that, he spent two more years on his property, and within that time frame, he paid no rent, so I would like to file a claim for the amount he owed of 80k. He was at the property for four years and owed rent for the periods 2019 and 2020. The guy that did the eviction notice had written only to get him off the property and not to claim the money owed. He took the money he owed me and purchased two other properties, and I didn't know this until he was off my property. When I did my research, I learned that he had a house in Los Angeles and two properties. The first property was a tow yard he purchased on my birthday, located just around the corner from where I live, and the other was purchased in Independence California. I said this to let you know that he has assets, just a matter of me needing to get a judgment. The money that was used to purchase these properties is money that he was supposed to be paying me.

He also did damage to my property which I didn't include in the 80k I’m claiming. He left lots of chemicals and buckets on my property. He was not using any company to dispose of his waste, and some chemicals leaked on my property. He had damage of 10k to my 500 sq. ft. metal building that he was using for his mechanical stuff. The lot, the metal building, and the office building were all a part of the lease. He was paying $3875 per month for rent and $127 per day which the paralegal put on the eviction notice. He was also not doing good business. If you should look up his company online, you would see the reviews. I recalled one lady having a bad experience with his service, and he also was not paying his drivers. He had 50 vehicles he brought into my lot, and within one week, he had his people cut the fence and then said that people were breaking in and stealing the catalytic converter of the vehicles. When the police went to remove him, they pulled their guns out and walked through the buildings, but he was not there. We changed the locks, and the sheriff came to ensure that he was gone.

I need urgent help. I have the next 30 days to file a claim to ensure I don’t go past my four years limit to collect based on the laws of California. This needs to be filed in the Kern Superior Court in Bakersfield, California.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.

[-]
Quick Reply