Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car dealership issues
Here is a previous case by *** (Identity withheld for privacy reasons).

I'm seeking several lawyers to assist with a car issue. I purchased a 2016 Grand Jeep Cherokee for 22k from a car dealership Lithia Chrysler Dodge of Tri-Cities. Since I bought the car, the dealership has taken over 10k from me in repair services and emailed me today asking for $490 to replace a transmission cooler. They are trying to take advantage of me because I'm a young woman who works very hard and doesn't have the time to go there. This has been going on for over a year and it's been a month now since they have my car. They don't tell me anything about their findings or back up any of what they are saying is wrong with my car with literature. All they do is tell me that something needs to be replaced, collect my money to fix the issue, and then give me back the car. But every time they claimed to have fixed something, after driving the car for a couple of thousand miles it breaks down again. They told me I needed a new cylinder head for $3500, and I gave them the money. I also gave the company 7k for a new transmission and the transmission is not working. The car is still under warranty and they want to repair the transmission but the car has no leakage. I have spoken to several persons regarding my issue including the General Manager. I told him that I needed my vehicle fixed and he said they were going to make it right. Now there is this new guy who is telling me that they are not going to replace the transmission just the transmission cooler, and I would need to pay $490 to get it done and if not, I will need to come to pick up my car.... vehicle is valued at roughly 15k and I have paid close to the amount in repairs which should not be the case. I could understand if it was an old vehicle but that's not the situation. At the time of purchase, the vehicle was under 50,000 miles, had never been towed, and no hard work was done on it.

I'm a single mother of several children, recently had a stroke at 35 years which slightly affects my memory and I'm done dealing with the car dealership. I would like the car dealership to put in a brand new transmission and transmission cooler in my car, or I want to sue them and get a brand new car. I have never done anything like this before so I want a lawyer who can go after them. I also looked at reviews online and it seemed they have done this to several people. They said can take my vehicle elsewhere but I didn't want to do that because the company is supposed to be an expert in jeeps plus I didn't want to have paper trails with other companies. I have all documentation from doing business with them. Money was never an issue, whatever amount they asked for, I paid them upfront. I trusted them, and my vehicle failed every time. I have been having problems ever since, and I don't trust them anymore.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.

[-]
Quick Reply