Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solar panels company
Here is a previous case by *** (Identity withheld for privacy reasons).

My husband and I signed up for solar service back in December of last year, and our service has not been completed yet. The contract says it will normally take 3-5 months to complete. The full installation has not been completed at this time. We then in May tried changing our home owners insurance from Farmers to Allstate. After changing it Allstate said that our roof looked wavy and needed to be fixed in order to stay insured. We thought that to be alarming because the solar company was supposed to have a roofing inspector come out priority to solar panels being installed. The inspector was supposed to verify that the roof was in good order, other wise we would have had to get the roof fixed. Apparently no inspection was done and they just used their own judgment to install the panels. Now I am trying to fix my roof and they want to charge me to remove the panels in order to fix my roof.

On top of all that my payments for solar started in May of this year when the installation was supposed to be completed. So we have been paying both an electric bill and solar bill every month. The point of solar was to reduce our spending in the long run, this has done the opposite. The company that we went with does not answer their phone or return messages in a timely manner. They do not respond to emails or text messages in a timely manner or sometimes not at all.  Would we have a case to sue the company?

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.

[-]
Quick Reply