Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue with Kings Moving Service
Here is a previous case by *** (Identity withheld for privacy reasons).

I'm trying to get a little more information about the arbitration process. I wanted to know if I could use your company to start an arbitration as opposed to using an arbitrator for the company  want to arbitrate against. I have a contract with Kings Moving Service whose legal entity is Leo's Moving Services LLC and I have gone through the contract but saw nothing on there that speaks about how to handle a dispute. I was told by Kings Moving Service claim Anthem that the company arbitrator is USMA, but when I called USMA they said they haven't heard of them and they don't have them on their account.

I paid for carrier moving services costing $3423.30 for my furniture to be delivered on Aug 23, 2021. A big part of the reason I went with them was how they stress that they didn't use brokers and that they employed their people and have their trucks. When the delivery truck arrive in San Diego to deliver my furniture only the driver was available to unload them. We had large furniture such as a bed, couch, heavy dressers, etc. which my partner and I had to help the driver unload. I was not ok with that. My partner has a bad back and it was painful for him to help unload the furniture. He is in so much pain that he has to see a chiropractor and get acupuncture. They charged an additional fee on pick-up for the couch because it was so large. They had three men there and they wanted to charge an added $300 but I end up paying $150 because I told them I was not paying that. When I looked at my contract all the services I paid for were not given. My contract stated that the moving estimates included: loading and unloading, disassembling, and reassembling standard beds and tables. Our bed has a very basic frame and the driver would not assemble it. The driver was not employed by the company, he was contracted out and he was not obligated under his policy.

I had a conversation with the company regarding the issue. I spoke with a man on the phone who I have been dealing with and was sent a settlement form. That was not a settlement form but more like a gag order. It sounded threatening. They didn't offer any compensation instead they left that area of the form blank and told us we can fill out $200 there. $200 was offered because I had mentioned to them that since we helped the driver unload our furniture and that was the amount the contractor was supposed to pay to hire men to assist with the moving they should just pay us. Based on the contract they are asking us to sign, it goes way beyond what I'm willing to sign. The contract mentioned that the company won't take liability...and any or all actions leading up to a disagreement should remain confidential...Failure to comply with the agreement of the contract can lead to legal actions...

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.

[-]
Quick Reply