Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injured person refused public transportation after paying the fare
Here is a previous case by *** (Identity withheld for privacy reasons).

On July 19th, 2022 between 5 pm to 5:15 pm bus number 3106 to Newport news arrived late and the bus driver refused to allow me to ride the bus with my folding e-bike. The wheels are too big to put outside on the bike rack so I have been allowed by other bus drivers to use the handicap spot and secure my folded bike as anyone would do when using their transportation (electric wheelchair or scooter) to get around. I also have an injury where my bike is my form of transportation for the moment and am out of work for a while also I have a medical condition. The bus driver wouldn't help me lift the seat to secure my bike. He also let me on the bus and I paid my fare and he then said get off I cant ride. I did not get off the bus then because I felt my rights were being stifled he then got the assistance of the security guard who then came on the bus saying you... he she it...w/e I need you to step off the bus. the passengers then shouted she. He and the bus driver then kicked everyone off the bus because I felt my rights were being violated. I live in Newport News and had a doctor's appointment about my leg I was coming from VA beach. where I had just gotten off of the bus with my bike. I also went across to VA beach on the hrt with my bike on more than one occasion. I felt discriminated against and robbed. He also refused to give me his name.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.

[-]
Quick Reply