Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legal help for my mother's death
Here is a previous case by *** (Identity withheld for privacy reasons).

I wanted to get legal help regarding the death of my mother. My mother passed away about a year ago. She got sick and was feeling weak so she was taken in an ambulance to the Providence Holy Cross Medical Center in San Fernando on Jan 6, 2021. When she got to the hospital she had to get blood, IV, oxygen, and medication. The doctors took care of her and she was feeling okay. My mother told the nurse that she wanted to go home and didn't want anything else to be done to her. If anything was supposed to be done to her then the hospital needed to contact her two daughters. They didn't let my mother go home or contact my sister who was in charge, instead, they called my mother's house and spoke to my brother who took everything over by lying that he was her caretaker. My brother did drugs and was staying with our mother. My mother could have visitors but they never told her so we didn't get to see or speak to her. They said too many people were calling which was not true. When I called the hospital they informed me to speak to my brother to find out about my mother. That same night when they called and spoke to my brother they told him that our mother wanted to come home and to have my sisters pick her up from the hospital.

The next day they called and spoke to my brother again who told them to go ahead with whatever they wanted to do to our mother but nobody knew what they wanted to do. Her brother didn't have any right to make decisions, if the hospital wanted to do something, then they should have spoken to the sisters. My brother lied that our mother had Covid but that was not the case. My mother was hospitalized for about a week before she was released to die at home. She died on Jan 15, 2021. The hospital said she was in pain so they had to give her medication to make her more comfortable. They also wanted to stick a camera inside her to see where the bleeding was coming from but she was not bleeding. She had a colposcopy about 5-10 years ago and had to carry a bag on her stomach. They gave her so much medication that she was sleeping when they released her from the hospital and she never woke up. I believed that my mother died from the amount of medication that was given to her.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.

[-]
Quick Reply