Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car dispute
Here is a previous case by *** (Identity withheld for privacy reasons).

I don't know if you could help me with this. I've been going to get my vehicle serviced at an oil change center for almost 3 years now. My vehicle is in the shop with a bad filter, shop says the filter has been on too long and it cost damage to the engine resulting in $10,227.00 worth of damage. I reached out to the attorney general and the company has not replied to them yet. I've been dealing with them since I purchased my vehicle and I thought that they were doing a complete job. I need help resolving this issue. thank you. I have 8 children and I'm a single mother. I'm still paying on my vehicle and I make sure I keep up everything on it. School is about to start and my vehicle is at a Chevy dealership and my engine is damaged. Arkansas Attorney General. I spoke with an investigator name J.B. He said that they hadn't responded to his written notice and that they had 3 weeks after the date of the notice was sent, then he said he would send a second notice after that giving them a shorter time to respond. Then after that, he sent me something about legal aid and small claims but the damages are over 5,000 dollars our state limit. He didn't sound like he wanted to help me much and I just don't know what to do. I'm stuck without transportation. the people the attorney general's investigator told me to contact could not help me. I can't afford an attorney. I purchased my vehicle in May of 2019. I have bank statements showing my vehicle has been getting serviced from February 2020 until February 2022 and my last transaction in May 0f 2022 was cash.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.

[-]
Quick Reply