Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue with Kaiser Hospital--wrongly placed on 5150 hold
Here is a previous case by *** (Identity withheld for privacy reasons).

I would like to get legal assistance with an issue I had with the Kaiser Hospital. Last week Saturday (June 18) I went to the hospital to get a rape kit examination done, instead of them fulfilling my request I was placed under a 5150 hold. I have been to the hospital three times to get the rape kit done. The first two times the police didn't come because they didn't believe me. The day before going to the hospital I had called to make the appointment, letting them know I was coming by to get it done since they had failed to do it the other two times and I woke up again with discomfort, discharged, and irritation down there, so something happened. Thee lady I spoke with told me she was going to contact the police, which I asked her not to since I was not at the hospital as yet. The police showed up at my house the next morning to ask me some questions. I explained to them that someone has been breaking into my house for some time now and I have made several reports but they failed to investigate or do anything about it. After speaking to the police I went to the hospital where they took my urine sample and some blood and then gave me a shot in my arm. I asked about the rape kit examination and was told I was being placed under a 5150 hold. A security guard then came to sit with me in the doctor's office while I wait to be taken to a new area. Other security guards came and told me that I would need to change my clothes for them to take me to the area. I was forced to change into clothes and put on a gurney. Around 5-6 of them came into the bathroom forcing me to put the clothes on, so I did. They took my rights away as they had no reason to put me on a 5150 hold as I was not a danger to myself or anyone else. The experience was traumatizing and humiliating. I was detained for 4 hours and was not free to leave until the social worker came and talked to me.

I feel violated and my local police department did not protect me. I contacted the police department several times reporting that someone is breaking into my house but they did nothing. I had left home for a month during Covid back when we had to quarantine and went to stay with my uncle in the country. When I came back all my things were gone. They failed to believe me because there was no sign of forced entry, no break-in windows or kicked-in doors. At the time no one had been to my house apart from my uncle and my cousin. I had recently moved in and because I was a hoarder I had lots of stuff all over my place. Upon returning, all the clothes in the closet, and the new jeans I had were gone. I believe the break-ins were being done by family members that live around the corner from me and because I was gone for so long they had time to break in without damaging the windows or doors.

I sometimes take sleeping pills and that could be why I did not feel when something was happening to me in my sleep. I'm not having sex and when I woke I am feeling discomfort and discharged and the only explanation is that someone is doing something to me. The mere fact the police have not done anything about the break-in or even confront the other party would be their fault if I'm being raped. I was able to get the rape kit examination done on Monday, June 20th at the Sutter Health Center. They were able to get it done the same day I made the appointment so I don't understand why Kaiser didn't do it. My son met in a car accident and died in 1990 and I was placed on disability but I have never been under a doctor's care or on medication. The police keep using that situation to say I am suffering from a mental issue but I was not placed in a hospital when my son died, I dealt with it like anyone else losing a loved one.

I would like the hospital to remove this from their records and I would also like to find out if the hospital has the right to put a person on 5150 hold without any medical reason. Something like this can affect you. If I should decide to obtain a gun I would not be able to. Everything I am saying can be proven because I have pictures.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.

[-]
Quick Reply