Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue with Reliable Express Transportation
Here is a previous case by *** (Identity withheld for privacy reasons).

I would like to know what my options are with suing a company I worked for. I'm a self-employed contractor who worked with Reliable Express Transportation in Indiana. I worked there for a long time, approximately four years. The company has primarily men working in the office and because of that there is some favoritism and the women are treated unfairly and are unappreciated. I worked consistently without any days off and it was wrong the way the company treated me.

I got sick from working in a small room that was mole infested. We worked in that room daily from 1:00 am-6:00 am and I developed a really bad sinus infection in my face sometime around June 22, 2021, which had me out for two weeks. I was not the only one that became sick but two other people including my sister. The black mole infestation is pretty bad and the company refused to take care of it, even now they have persons working in the same condition.

I had some issues with my truck transmission and I had to spend over $3500 to get it fixed so I could go back to work. When I returned to work I realized they were giving me fewer boxes until I was eventually out of a job. I have been out of a job now for 10 months and every day I ask them about working, they said there is no job available. They are blaming me for not being available for the time frame they would like but there is no punch system and I worked for myself. I explained to them that I'm unable to be at the office before 8:00 am because I had to get my boys ready for school but they didn't care about that. Despite having children, over the years I have managed to be there for the company. Being out of work has devastated me, and I lost both my vehicles because I was unable to pay for them, even my car got repossessed. The company gave me no heads up or anything. It was me being out of work for one month to recognize what they were doing and my brother told me that they gave my route to someone else. They gave a guy the job who didn't have children and could meet their time requirement.

This has been bothering me for some time now and I would like to know what options I have been exposed to mole, losing my work and vehicles. I'm a single mother that has children to take care of and bills to pay. What they did was unfair and as men, they believe they can just move on and make their money and not take into consideration that people have families and that I'm a single parent. My trucks were valued at 13k and 17k, which is a lot of money and I hate being home. I also have pictures of the mole that could be used in my case.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.

[-]
Quick Reply