Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue with Suddenlink Communications
Here is a previous case by *** (Identity withheld for privacy reasons).

I need some help with arbitration with Suddenlink Communications. Since I sign up for Suddenlink Communications services in 2015 they have done just about everything related to consumer fraud; bait & switch, billing cramming, false advertisement, and charging me for services and equipment that I don't have. They are charging almost $300 per month for services I'm not receiving. They have also acknowledged that I do not have the services but continue to charge me. I have phone conversations with them blatantly lying to me about charging me for the services. I went out of the country and asked for them to put my service on seasonal and when I returned my service was disconnected and they charged me a reconnection fee. I also lost all of my promotional packages. They keep changing my services every month without my knowledge or approval. I get a different rate and bundle package they are unable to provide reasons for changing. They will not provide me with any billing statements. When I asked for my billing statements, they explain that they are not in possession of them.

I bought new equipment that the cable company said was faulty, but that is not true. I have spoken to three manufacturer support and they all said that the equipment is okay and that they are not working because of service being sent to them. The manufacturer support also said that I'm being charged full price for services that will never work. When I filed my complaint about their service not working, they responded to say they that couldn't fix the issue because they were waiting on a pole permit. It took 11 months for them to get a pole permit, while under the county law it should have taken 30 days. They also would not provide me with the permit which is a public record. I called the local engineer's office that does the permits and they said there was no application submitted for my area. They lied to deceive and mislead me. The service not working affected me, especially during the pandemic. My children had to miss a lot of school because of the number of service disruptions they had during zoom classes. The teacher said it was too much and asked them not to join.

I signed up with them because of their false advertisement that they offered video on demand. Three months after getting the service I learned that they do not offer video on demand or none of the other services they claimed to have provided. Their customer service is poor and I have spent hours calling them. I'm also unable to switch because no other cable company within the area of Dayton Texas where I live.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.

[-]
Quick Reply