Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insurance Fraud
Here is a previous case by *** (Identity withheld for privacy reasons).

I would like some help with insurance fraud. I got some new furniture and went to apply this month or late May for insurance with Lemonade Renters Insurance Company and learned that I had three insurance claims filed with the company. I have never gotten insurance with the company yet to file a claim with them. The person that filed the claim used my first name, a different last name, and my address. When I asked the insurance company about it they said that the name on the claim was XXXX XXXX, and the confirmed address was the same as mine. In the past, I have gotten weird mail before but never like this, and I only found out because I was trying to get insurance.

I learned that the person who is doing this to me is my neighbor who I knew for 10 years. We live in the same section 8 building, we have casual conversations but I don't truly know her. She pretends to be a lady but around a week ago she told me she was a transgender. I don't care about her sexuality, all I care about is her using my information to commit fraud. She mentioned to me taking out these claims but I didn't know she was using my name. She has been committing criminal activities, and I didn't care too much about what she was doing but when she uses my information that becomes a problem. She has other people join in her illegal activities and saying that they are getting half. I told her they can't defraud the government they will find out and I don't want to be a part of it. I don't want anyone using my name to steal. She is also defrauding unemployment checks which other persons have jumped on and paid her half.

I don't know the amount that was claimed for the insurance. She mentioned that all she did was filled out the papers, she doesn't sign anything, she gets them to sign it, and then when the checks come she gets half. She doesn't have any means of employment but she drives a brand new Audi. The amount of money they have stolen is a federal offense.

I'm 68 years old and I'm just trying to keep my life clean. I had worked in the court during my 20s so I know how these things work. What she is doing implicating others because she promised them half? She had a lawsuit started against our local apartment management company Watchet. Our building name is Chesapeake Commons and we had a lot of issues with management. We are in section 8 but they were charging us for things that they shouldn't. She had us sign a petition for the lawsuit and I have reasons to believe that's where she got my information from. It had to come from that list because I don't see how else she would have gotten it. Also, the insurance claims are no older than 6 years and the lawsuit has been out for about 6 years. The management lost the lawsuit so the attorneys in Oakland told us that we should be getting a settlement in September. She is expecting some money so she is not going anywhere. If you need to confirm her real name you can check with Watchet in Utah about the people who live in the apartment.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.

[-]
Quick Reply