Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue with Citibank
Here is a previous case by *** (Identity withheld for privacy reasons).

I'm trying to find out how can I sue Citibank for withholding my funds for a check I deposited in my account. I deposited my stimulus check via the mobile app from the IRS they flagged it as fraud my account is now back open after giving them solid proof that the check was not fraud they still haven't released my money. The check was in the amount of $1239.78 from the 2nd stimulus that I never received back in February of 2021. They withdrew $1251.78 out of my account until they investigate. On May 27th, I was told that they were going to reverse it and return the funds into my account in 1 to 3 business days. I called on June 1st I was told the same thing except now 3 to 5 business days.

I'm seeking $5000 in damages and that's including the amount of the check. The rest is for missed bills and my daughter's 13th birthday I couldn't afford to do anything & if I don't get my funds anytime soon it will be that I can't afford to purchase things for my autistic son with disabilities graduation from 12th grade or his prom. This is something to celebrate he's 21 and has special needs.

I have all correspondence from the IRS and the physical check that clearly shows that it's not fraudulent in any way and those are the same documents I provided to them. I've spoken with them on several occasions and keep getting the same response. I asked to speak to a supervisor or someone in charge of returning the funds and was denied on both. I felt like I was being discriminated against like I was some kind of thief. It didn't feel good at all. My last interaction with them I was crying so bad because they just wouldn't help me at all.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.

[-]
Quick Reply