Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help for my husband to stop paying alimony to his ex-wife
Here is a previous case by *** (Identity withheld for privacy reason).

I need a divorce lawyer for my husband. He has a court date on June 14, 2022, at the Supreme Court of Oklahoma and we need representation for him. The judge that is overseeing the issue is Hon. XXXX. My husband had a kidney transplant, so he is unable to work since January 2021. He was paying off his alimony until last year November and December. He had to borrow loans to pay the alimony off.

My husband is having issues with his ex-wife because he has been paying her alimony for over 24 years which is longer than the time they were married and he wants to stop. They were married for 20 years and they got separated in July of 1996 but the divorce was finalized in October 1998. Even after my husband and his ex-wife's children turn adults, he was still paying alimony so now he wants to stop. His ex-wife's lawyer is XXXX.

His ex-wife is the petitioner and when she and my husband got divorced, she made it so that the California Public Retirement System would have to pay the alimony if my husband was unable to do so. My husband works for the California Public Retirement System but he hasn’t been paid since August of 2021. I am on your website and I realized that you have lawyers with 5 stars. I don't know about lawyers and since this is the only time my husband have any issue that he needs a lawyer for, we don't understand it much.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.

[-]
Quick Reply