Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Real Estate Fraud
Here is a previous case by *** (Identity withheld for privacy reasons).

I have case number XXXXXX and I need you to find a real estate attorney that can help me. I have been trying to find a lawyer for the past three weeks but have not been able to. I was summoned to court but they didn't put any date on the document. I  received the document today in the mail and it said I need to respond within 30 days else the name on the title will be changed. I've been calling the court but they are not willing to disclose any information.

My husband and I owned 8 units that I had put up for sale. The units were supposed to be selling for $800k. The realtor "J" failed to disclose everything to us related to the sale of the properties so we decided not to sell. She said the units have been on the market for so long if I could lower the price to 750K, I agreed. When she presented the offer to us the price was 700K so my husband didn't want to sign. She was forcing me to sign my husband's name on the document but I didn't. I had put my name on the document and also added refused on there, which means we weren't interested in selling. She was selling the units to a buyer who is also a realtor name XXXX XXXX. On the title, only my husband's name is there and I told her my husband will never sign it. She was supposed to correct the amount from 700k to 750k but she never did that. They forged my husband's signature on the document and then took us to court for our property. I told the people from Black Helter in Portland who are representing "M" that if they are going to arbitrate, I needed to be there. We went to arbitration in October of last year, well they went to arbitration. I had a letter that asked for the process to be face to face and with a Spanish speaker present but they didn't do that. Instead, they went to the arbitration without me. They tried to include me over the phone but I couldn't understand anything. They wanted my husband to be on the phone as well but my husband was sick, he had a stroke and was not doing well. I asked them for the information from the arbitration and they didn't provide anything to me. They also said if we didn't sign the document by Nov 8, 2021, they would have charged us 70K.

These people are stressing us out so much. We are elderly people, my husband is 80 years and I am 71 years. We are both sick. I have a pacemaker in my heart because of what they are doing to us. I am in California, we are old and unable to find an attorney and that's why they are doing this to us. They are calling us, they are pushing us to do what we don't want to do. "J" could have easily canceled the sale but because she wants money, she is saying that the buyer won't cancel.

They are working on getting the bank to put the units in foreclosure so they can get them. I owe the bank, but I am paying the bank every month $2500. They have garnished my bank account and they took $24,000. They are still watching us like a hawk. We don't have any money. These people are looking to steal from us and that's why they need arbitration to make everything look legal. I don't understand why would the bank put our units in foreclosure if we are paying our mortgage. I want to know if you can find out the court date? I want to go to court to defend myself. I need an attorney who can do something about this.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.

[-]
Quick Reply