Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suing ex-husband for adult child support and punitive damages
Here is a previous case by *** (Identity withheld for privacy reasons).

I had received the messages from you and it would be fine to provide my email for the Legal Team to reach out to me. I would like to know what options I have. Even if this does not work out I would like to get a free consultation if you even guide me in the right direction. I would like to do arbitration, hoping my ex-husband will be willing to make a settlement but if he doesn't want to do that, then I'm willing to go to court.

I want to sue my ex-husband "D" for backed child support for my adult child and punitive damages. I shared two children with my ex-husband, we were married for 19 years and we have been divorced for 6 years. Everything with the divorce was finalized in 2016. My adult son "S" who is now 22 years has been sick since he was 13 years and my ex-husband had abandoned us from then, never helped with child support or anything, and had also kicked us out on the street. I'm also on medication that inhibits me from getting things done promptly and getting the right people to help me and that is what I mean by punitive damage because her ex-husband knew how I was and he put us out on the street.

My son was diagnosed with schizoaffective bipolar disorder with drug-induced psychosis. He is a chronic relapser because he didn't get the help he needed. He also has ADH, lacks insight, and doesn't have awareness of his illness, which makes it hard for him to be treated. He is very severe and acute in his illness which is why he needs specialized treatment that he has never received. My son was also involved in the lawsuit against Keiser but the lawyer that was dealing with the case never contacted me back. I don't have any information about that case anymore because my purse was stolen from her car. When they won the case I didn't hear back so we didn't receive any compensation.

I'm 57 years and I'm suffering, my health is suffering and I have used all my money over the years to take care of my son. I want to put him in the right facility for him to receive treatment but it is expensive so I need his father to play his part. I understand that parents are not responsible for adult children but he is an adult child based on his medical condition and since his father failed over the years to play his part he needs to now take care of him. He has lots of properties, money, and businesses so he can afford to do it. He is in the trucking business and he is also set to inherit his father's business because he is an only child. He can easily earn 800k per day.

My ex-husband is a narcissist, he was very abusive to me and my family. My son needs the help, he has the money and I have witnesses that have all seen what he did. I'm currently living with my older son, trying to get my place, on a fixed income, SSDI, earning about $2500 per month, and cannot afford to get the help my son needs. He has been to 28 hospitals and the Antipsychotic drugs they have him on are not helping, just dumbing him down, where he's drooling and unable to communicate. He's not getting better just worse than when he started. He is not a criminal but he beat somebody up and they are now charging him. He was taken to the Atascadero hospital in California. This is like a prison for the mentally disturbed. They sent him there because he is mentally incompetent to stand trial. He has been there for a year now and all his doctors agree that he is unable to restore competency. They are going to send him back soon, around July, so I need to have a plan to get my son the help he needs. I want to sue her ex-husband so he can pay for the medical facility I would like to get him in. Those facilities cost like 25k for 20 days, it's very expensive but those are the places that can help him. He doesn’t even have to give me the money. He can put it in a trust fund where I don't have to touch it.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.

[-]
Quick Reply