Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suing a security officer for attacking me
Here is a previous case by *** (Identity withheld for privacy reason).

I have a case I would like to speak to you about. If you could give me a callback tomorrow, anytime is good I would appreciate it.

I have a storage unit with Keep it Self Storage at Woodley Avenue Van Nuys California. I bought the storage room around April 26-29 and I went there from Saturday evening to put my stuff in. The owner is XXXX XXXX and we are friends. I went there from around 5:30 PM and I finished at around 7:10 or 7:20 PM. I didn’t know that they close at 7:00 PM because most storage units have longer hours or they are open 24 hours.

I called for someone to come and open the gate and they told me they would come but no one showed up until 1:00 AM on Sunday. A security guard came in a police vehicle and dressed as police I am not sure if it is his right name but he had Officer XXXX on his shirt. He had 3 weapons, a gun that looked like a Glock that I am not sure if it is a teaser or a real gun, a pepper spray, and a baton. The officer attacked me, hitting me with the gun twice in my nose, pepper spraying me twice in my eyes, tore off my shirt and sweater with my bank card, $1500 for my rent, my iPhone, my council ID, and my car key. It is going to cost a lot of money to get a new car key but since the incident happened yesterday I haven’t gotten the chance to contact the bank so I will do so after the call ends.

I made a police report and the paramedic made a report. The police are trying to track down the officer by my iPhone but it seems he hasn’t turned it on since. The facility has cameras so it must have caught the incident happening. The detective is supposed to contact me during the week. I want to sue but I don’t know what amount and I also want him to go to jail for what he did.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.

[-]
Quick Reply