Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inquiry on if someone can alter an insurance policy
Here is a previous case by *** (Identity withheld for privacy reasons).

I received a call from one of your representatives who asked me a series of questions but I was not sure he understood my issue. I wanted to know if someone can alter an insurance policy?

My father was a retired veteran at the time of his death. My aunt who is 76 years old was left over my father's insurance policy. My uncle who was once over my father's policy called me and asked if my aunt told me about my dad's policy. My uncle told me when he was over my dad's policy, my dad had me as the beneficiary. He said I was the beneficiary for more than 20 years, so he doesn't understand why my aunt is not telling me about it. My uncle told me that he would called my aunt about it but after that, he stopped answering his phone. His daughter called me and said her dad, my uncle said to tell me that his sister is the one over the policy and that's all she is to tell me.

I live in Long Beach, they are in Saginaw and I have not been to see my father but talked to him while he was on his death bed and he told me I was the beneficiary of his policy. I just want to see the policy. If my aunt is over the policy what does it hurt to sit down and tell us what is going on? I don't understand why she is evading us. My aunt has been a Christian for many years and I have high respect for her so I don't understand. She is telling me she has to pay for my father's funeral, which he is a veteran so she will not need to pay for his funeral. I don't understand why she is lying like that. I have not been there in over 30 years, so maybe she thinks I have no right to it. I don't know if it's 200k, or 300k, but no one acts like that for small dollars, well not my aunt.

I need someone to represent me and find out where my father's holding stand before something is designed to close me out of it.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.

[-]
Quick Reply