Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeking legal advice on Michigan's disclaimer property interest law
Here is a previous case by *** (Identity withheld for privacy reasons).

I wanted to seek legal advice in completing a disclaimer document. I'm going through the document and was concerned about the area that speaks to Michigan's disclaimer property interest law. A year ago my husband died leaving me the sole beneficiary of his pension. We didn't have any children together but my husband had five children. He didn't have a will so I'm giving his older son the right to take over his property going through probate. I'm concerned that signing this property disclaimer will also give him the right to my pension which I don't want. Nothing in document speaks about the pension just his property but I don't want it to be a case I'm being tricked to sign over my rights to his pension. I'm not interested in any of his physical property so I'm fine with signing a disclaimer for that. I just want to make sure that if I sign the disclaimer it doesn't affect my pension because I'm not interested in signing over my pension rights to his children.

I don't feel comfortable providing my email address, I would rather for the lawyer taking my case to call me, and if needs be I can later provide my email. I would also like to get a lawyer only within the California area.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.

[-]
Quick Reply