Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is my right in being evicted?
Here is a previous question that was asked by *** (Identity withheld for privacy reason).

What is my right in this situation? The situation is that I am having issues with the manager of River Oaks Apartment in California. I am on a lease and back in December I couldn’t pay my rent so I applied to a Rental Covid Release program on December 27, 2022, where they would pay my rent for January, February, and March because I was unable to pay it. I was told that my application is being processed and I can't be evicted, but it has been 3 months and they haven't done anything for me. I told the manager XXXX that but I received a 60 days eviction notice on March 16th, 2022.

They want me to sign a contract that states that I would have to leave after the 60-day eviction notice is over but I can't leave because I am disabled and I have 2 daughters that are also disabled. The program hasn't done anything at all for me yet because they still haven't paid any of my rent but when I call them they tell me that they have all my information and my application is still being processed.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.

[-]
Quick Reply