Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eviction notice dispute with the Lancaster Estate
Here is a previous case by *** (Identity withheld for privacy reasons).

I am in need of immediate help with an eviction notice. I reside in Lancaster Ca. I have been living there for four years with my mother. My mother retired and was living in her mobile home in a space she rented from the Lancaster Estate. Because she was living out there she had asked me to come and live with her. My mother then passed in 2021 due to Corona Virus and now the Lancaster Estate is asking me to leave by tomorrow. Two months ago they placed an eviction notice on my mobile home. They didn't address it to anyone and they didn't give me directly, but there have been three patrol persons on the behalf of the mobile estate who came knocking on my door, telling me that I would have to leave by tomorrow and that they'll be back with patrol police to make me leave. They are asking me to leave because of a dog and someone was honking in the night. Someone was honking but it was not for me, it could have been for the neighbors.

The mobile home is owned by my mother and stepdad "P". My name is not on the title but my stepdad and I have agreed to sell the house. The home will be sold by May so I need until then to find a new place. I have been actively searching but I have not found somewhere as yet. My stepdad is currently living in San Diego because he couldn't handle the passing of my mother, so he is staying with friends. They were together for 50 years. My mother's stuff is still in the house, I haven't moved them out as yet, so I would not be able to leave the house by tomorrow.

I would like to be given some assistance before tomorrow if someone can reach out to me as soon as possible. I don't think it should be right legally what they are doing and I just need more time.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.

[-]
Quick Reply