Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Landlord overcharging me
Here is a previous case by *** (Identity withheld for privacy reason).

I am having an issue with my landlord overcharging me. I am on section 8 but the landlord kept charging me for the whole year of 2021 that I shouldn’t have been paying, it was a previous pay.

I has been living there for 3 years and on my first year I was paying $290 per month for my share but after they evaluated me, I was to start paying $207 per month for 2021 but I didn't receive the update about it and the landlord still take the $290 from me. They would send the receipt that was paid and is to be paid by me to the landlord each month but the landlord didn't tell me that I was paying too much and when I add it up  it came to over $1000 that I was overcharged and I would like to get it back.

From the day I moved in, the landlord has been acting like he is better than me so we have never been on good terms. They readjusted the amount i am supposed to pay for this year starting on 3/1/22 I am supposed to pay $250. My landlord's name is XXXX F XXXX.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.

[-]
Quick Reply