Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medical surgery went wrong
Here is a previous case by *** (Identity withheld for privacy reason).

I want to start arbitration. My son XXXX XXXX got into a motorcycle accident and when the ambulance and fire trucks came to take him to the hospital they refused to put a neck brace on him. He had three doctors, 2 orthopedic surgeons, and 1 Nero surgeon. The first three surgeries were with Dr. XXXX who was the doctor in charge of his neck and back and he left after a while. The first surgery was in April 2020 and the last surgery was on June 7, 2021. After the ambulance and the San Candino fire department took my son from off the mountain they refused to put on a neck brace so I had to hold his neck to support it while they took him to the Loma Linda hospital in Lome Linda. While I was there I was asking them to do the knee surgery but they were telling me that they had to wait until the hip heals first. They drilled a metal rod into his knee and no matter how much I begged them to do the surgery on his knee they only took X-rays.

After 2weeks they sent him home in a knee brace, back brace, and ahead brace to heal up because of covid. They wouldn't do the surgery until his hip heals. When I went back to the hospital in September of 2020 when they checked his leg and found out he had 4 torn ligaments in his left leg. They took 40 days to do the MRI. In October while they were waiting for the MRI because they thought the back needed surgery. I received the MRI in March. On December 14 I called and asked if they could take him out of the neck brace but I was informed that DR. XXXX left and was told to bring my son to Cedars-Sinai Spine Institute. Dr. XXXX messed up my son. We asked if there would be any risk in doing the surgery on his back or if there is any chance he could die are lose feeling in the lower part of his body and he was told the chance of that happening is slim to none.

After the surgery the doctor asked my son if he did go and donate some sperm but I wasn't told that and my son said the doctor didn't tell him anything like that. I asked the doctor if there might be any risk with his sperm count and he told us that he wouldn't have any fertility problems. They called in a doctor to cut open my son's veins and told us that he used the hot knife and cut too close to the bone. We got some medication for him and he took them all but when I called back in November to find out if he had semen producing I was told that my son has abnormal testosterone. My son can't have abnormal testosterone because he has a girlfriend and she said he has been producing very well.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.

[-]
Quick Reply