Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EBAY Dispute
Here is a previous case by *** (Identity withheld for privacy reason).

Since I started selling on EBay in any noticeable gusto EBay has been there, watching. Normally this is fine as there are bad actors and they need to be policed. But, what and how EBay has done it is far beyond normal policing.

Every single transaction I have made since the beginning of January has seen a hold on funds from EBay, but as i said above I'm not really concerned with that. And EBay enforces a relatively universal rule on new sellers where they need to have at least 25 transactions or be a seller for 90 days. At current I have over 30 transactions.

I currently have two "blemishes" against my seller profile. Out of those thirty transactions one was a chargeback from which I'm assuming was a compromised account, and another where a seller had sold me a product that was defective, and USPS had somehow mixed up two packages, one being the return, and sending the wrong item to the seller and losing the other. This is still being dealt with but I have complied in full with both disputes and have documentation to prove such compliance.

Arbitrary payment holds -

As I neared my 25 transactions I started to get holds on specific transactions that would be holding the funds either until delivery of the product, which is fair, or until I provided tracking, which is also fair. But shortly after that These holds were extended to an arbitrary two or three weeks from when payment was rendered, regardless of when the item was delivered.

Fast forward to when I have surpassed 25 successful transactions EBay had, again arbitrarily, decided my account was due for a "periodic performance review" where again, they had put my funds on hold, at this point totaling over $2,000, after I had called in, provided verification for delivery of items, and had $700 released.

The next day EBay sends me an email stating that my account had been suspended until further notice until i had met the requirements put forth in the email. The problem was the requirements were left blank. Literally left blank.

I reached out to Ebay's customer service, which at this point was a ritual done multiple times a day and the rep had reached out to their risk department, and literally got no response. Again, to reiterate; his request for more information regarding my suspension was ignored.

At this point my account had all listings deleted, all rights of buying and selling rescinded, and all payments put on hold. If i were a foreign country I'd be North Korea to EBay. On what grounds? None that were laid out before me.

The next day 02/15/21 I reached out again to EBay's customer service. This time getting a response that i had to verify certain details such as my identity, bank account, drivers license, and other intrusive articles of my personal life. I complied in full.

02/16/21 - No resolution.

02/17/21 just after midnight I received an email from Matt stating that "in order to keep processing my appeal" (appeal to what? What was i appealing and why????) I'd need to provide proof of delivery for everything I'd sold, as well as proof of my compliance in any dispute. Both of which had already been done prior to the suspension at the very latest by 02/14/22.

At this point EBay is arbitrarily and unfairly targeting my account. I would like a full account of the reasoning of these sanctions as well as full and unadulterated access and release of my funds. EBay has no legal right holding my funds outside of the disputes currently filed.

I want my money. Having EBay hold these funds for someone who can not get a loan, and can not get a credit card is detrimental to any idea or plans of me running my own business and is frankly taken personal at this point.

This case is nowhere near resolved. Since me reaching out I've been ok'd to sell again, had an additional four "periodic performance reviews", which only netted me 9 days of payouts in the month of March, and then another MC011 which is an account suspension. eBay is still withholding my money, at about an average of $1200/day. Last I heard I was in actual arbitration with them. We'll see how it goes.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.

[-]
Quick Reply