Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My friend is being charged for dismissal cases
Here is a previous case by *** (Identity withheld for privacy reasons).

I wanted to get in contact with lawyer XXXX XXXX. I was searching Google and saw his name and your phone number to reach him. I wanted him to look at a case for my friend to see if he is willing to take his case or not.

My friend had several cases that were dismissed but somehow the court doesn't accept them and we don't know why. My friend is still being charged for cases that were dismissed. These cases were mainly for sexual abuse, which was dismissed according to documents by the person that accused him. The person that accused him recanted that he did it. He has a defense attorney who doesn't agree or accept it. She believes that the document was forged.

My friend was charged over 12-13 years ago and the Modesto Superior County Court was the one that dismissed the charges and also the one that is denying dismissal of those charges. Since the charges were also dismissed he was supposed to report as a sex offender but he didn't because he didn't know he needed to be registered. When he was asked if he was guilty or not in court his attorney told him to say no contest. But he didn't understand at the time what that meant, which, made it seems like he was guilty when he was not. He was just doing what the lawyer told him so this was dismissed as well.

He was a legal resident living in Modesto for over 30 years and because they didn't accept the dismissal of the charges he was deported to his home country. He also spent 3 years in jail. He later returned to the US because the case was dismissed and immigration won't accept that the charges were dismissed so he was told that he is in the country illegally. He is now trying to get back his residency. He also has a lot of documentation which I have not read all of them.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.

[-]
Quick Reply