Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Family dispute between brothers
Here is a previous case by *** (Identity withheld for privacy reason).

I want to file a claim against my brother XXXX XXXX for 180k and have the restraining order removed that he got against me so I can be with my mother to take care of her. I got into a fight with my brother on Aug 26, and Aug 31 in which my brother tried to run me over with his truck. On Aug 28th after our first fight he went by our mom's house along with the cops and told her that she needed to come with him because they were taking me to jail. So my mother XXXX XXXX packed her stuff and he took her from her home. Because of what my brother was trying to do I went to the bank where I shared an account with my mother on Aug 28th to withdraw the 12k that we had. I decided on Aug 30th to go put that money back but when I went to the bank my brother had closed our account and created a new account for our mother. I don't understand how he could have done that given it was our names on the account and not his. My mother didn't want to be staying with him and only went with him because she thought I was going to jail.

On Sept 25th I called my mother to asked her when she was coming home and she said she didn't know, it depends on when my brother let her go. I believed my brother was holding my mother against her will. My mom returned home and was there with me from Sep 30th-Oct 14th. On Oct 14th my brother came back for her the day before our court case. On Oct 15th when we appeared in court my brother lied that he suffered many broken bones from our fight but he was the one that attempted to kill me by hitting me with his truck. But they said he had a right to retaliate. The judge was biased and order a restraining order against me both for my brother and mother. The case is ongoing and they are expecting to have a jury trial on April 6,7 and April 8. The case was taken to court because my mother added my name on her deed. They are saying that my mother shouldn't have added me to the deed as she was not in the right frame of mind to do so. They are saying that I signed the deed. My brother has sold all of our mother's personal property and has taken her money amount to 80K but they are yelling and screaming at me, accusing me of selling my mother property. The police were in on it with XXXX. My brother now has my mother living in a trailer park house and has taken over her house. They have also asked me to move out of my mother's house because of the restraining order. My mother wants me to come home but I can't move into the house with her, so I don't know how I'm going to get my mother away from him. My mother don't want to live with XXXX. My brother has kidnapped our mother and coerced her. My mother gave me a paper that says if she should die everything goes to me.

My lawyer XXXX XXXX handling the case is also not helping. I paid him $3500 and he didn't even appeal the restraining order. My lawyer was trying to have me take a settlement offer of 100K while my brother gets 500K but I don't think that would be fair and I believe that they are trying to scam me and my mother. None of my brothers have done any work on the house and I had spent money on my mother's house. My mother has always wanted to add me to the deed but I was delaying doing so because I felt I was not ready for the responsibilities. Also, the 80K that Richard took from my mother was my money because over the years I have been giving my mother money to set aside. I gave her 40k from my supplementary settlement, 15k from my mobile home burning down, 17500 for my temporary disability settlement, 1000 from selling my Porsche, 3500 for selling my tracker, 2500 from selling another vehicle, and 500 for my wave runner.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.

[-]
Quick Reply