Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Family dispute over deed
Here is a previous case by *** (Identity withheld for privacy reason).

I bought a house with my grandmother who is now deceased, and I am trying to get the deed in my name, but my family members are refusing the sign it over to me. The deed was in my grandmother's name, but the title is in both our names. My grandmother passed in 2013, and at the time, I was not aware that I was supposed to file with the court to get it prorated. I tried dealing with this with the Community Title, but they gave me trouble. My two aunts are the ones that are refusing to sign the deed over and I wanted to get some help with this. I have contacted a few attorneys, but I do not have any money. Community Title also told me to get my case started I will need $300, and it will be even more expensive to get the proration done. I'm having seizures and I have stopped breathing on my own, so I am using a CPAP machine and just cannot handle the stress from dealing with this.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.

[-]
Quick Reply