Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto Dealer Complaint - regarding requests for false income documents and statements
I am writing this for my elderly dad. My dad has been dealing with some severe problems with a car dealership.
He bought a car in October 2020. Days later the salesperson called me telling me to tell my dad that when the bank calls he needs to say that he makes an income of $3,800 instead of the amount that he actually makes of 1,550. Needless to say, we did not do what he asked, especially since my dad had told him that he didn’t want a loan.

I informed the bank and contacted the dealership and spoke to a manager to see if this could all be reversed but they refused. After much research, I found out that the salesperson not only wrote an inflated amount of income……., he also gave a phone number and email that we have nothing to do with. I found out that the salesperson was connected to the phone number he gave the bank and I also found out that he goes by different names. What upset us is that he must’ve given my dad’s personal information to someone else so that they can pretend to be my dad. The bank has opened civil and criminal investigations it seems.

After going through a humiliating experience with them, and letting them know about the fraudulent practices, they finally offered to reverse the transaction and give my dad his down payment back. But we have other related expenses and damages that we also want to be reimbursed. (Salesperson’s supposed name is xxxxxx. It seems it might be fake).

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.

[-]
Quick Reply