Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sub-leasing Agreement Dispute.
Here is a previous question that was asked by *** (Identity withheld for privacy reason).

Hello, I need landlord/tenant-related legal advice in the state of Utah, the city of Midvale. In summary, I'm not under a lease agreement, and my landlord hasn't followed up on what I think are two habitability concerns (non-functioning exterior lock and a dog that exhibits aggressive resource guarding behavior and has bitten me). Well, I think the "lease" falls under an oral agreement. Regarding the lock, I notified my landlord by text on June 7, 2021, when I moved in (I agreed orally to start living there on the 1st of June and paid rent, but I had not fully moved in until about the 7th) about the keys not functioning in the lock and have since sent something like 4 or 5 reminder texts, including saying that if it was not fixed within 10 days that I would be happy to repair and deduct. Ten days have long since passed, I have since sent out

Also, I forgot to include, my landlord has clarified that I am "sub-leasing" though I pay rent/utilities directly to her and do not have any written sub-leasing agreement with my roommate who is on the lease. She is the one with the dog, and we rent out a basement apartment in what was a single-family home. The landlord is on the main floor. There is one doorway connection between the basement/main floors inside the home.

As for the dog, the dog is a wolf-dog hybrid (25% wolf) and has chewed up and/or destroyed several things. He has chewed up my inhaler; broken my mirror; destroyed several toothbrushes, a tube of toothpaste, and dental floss; pooped on the floor; and has bitten my roommate/his owner. Animal control is aware that he bit her, as the dog was quarantined to test for rabies. I've seen him snap at her for not giving him a treat when she was just holding an unopened bag of treats. Furthermore, before the latest bite, he put his teeth around my arm when I was trying to get him out of the backyard and into the apartment because he can jump the six-foot fence.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.

[-]
Quick Reply