Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belvilla Booking Dispute
Here is a previous question that was asked by ***(Identity withheld for privacy reason).

I would kindly ask you for your help with the following situation. I booked my holiday (from Austria) via the agency "Belvilla" last year (the agency´s head office is registered in Netherland) and paid the reservation deposit in the amount of 30% of the total booking payment. Due to family reasons, I had to cancel the holiday 2 months ago by accepting a fact that I will have to pay a cancellation fee based on the cancellation policy in the contract (2 months before the trip). In the cancellation policy, they have stated the following "For the cancellation up to the 42nd days prior to commencement of the first day of stay: 10% of the rent". However, they sent me the email with an explanation on the cancellation fee that I have to pay 10% of the first term and 10% of the second term + booking fees which make the cancellation fee much higher, of course. I also asked them to send me a link with reference to this charges split method - of course, I have not received any response. Secondly, they informed me that they will refund the amount within 12 weeks but according to their policy in "Terms and conditions", they are obliged to refund within 14 days. Now it's been almost 8 weeks w/o a refund. I sent them an email, but without any response. Could you please advise how to proceed since the head office of the agency is placed in Netherland? Thank you very much! Regards.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.

[-]
Quick Reply