Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Credit card issue with UAE Bank
Here is a previous question that was asked by ***(Identity withheld for privacy reason).

Hello, I have a fixed deposit account in a bank overseas UAE, and a cc as well. I used my cc for the first time a few years back and it was for $300. During that time, I had lost access to my account, needed to reset my password. I reached out to the bank numerous times over the past 2 almost 3 years and all they could say was that I had to come in person to the branch. I live in California and have no intentions or reason to go to the emirates, especially when there is a pandemic. Having lost access to my account, I wasn't able to make any payments. Before losing access, I would send money to my checking account every month there and that way they could use the funds to make a monthly cc payment. After 2 months, they blocked my account and all my western union payments were bouncing back. Having no access and no way to pay, my interest accrued and my cc total is now at $1,700.

I have a fixed deposit account with about $4,000. I repeatedly have tried to resolve this matter and let them know I would like to access my fixed deposit to pay off my cc in full (Of course after they remove all the interest the balance has gained due to THEM not providing me access to my accounts and blocking them) and I would like to have the remainder of my fixed deposit transferred to my current account. I have been contacted by many debt collectors and once I explain, I never hear from them again. This has been going on for 3 years now and it has caused a strain on my mental health. I continuously have to deal with these debt collectors when in fact, the debt collectors should be getting my money from the bank. I would like to see how I can start a case against this bank. They have been withholding my funds and refusing to communicate with me. I have tried numerous times over the past 2-3 years to reach anyone at the bank and they contact me to tell me to pay my cc and when I ask for my account access, they never respond again.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.

[-]
Quick Reply