Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue with Lemon Law
Here is a previous case by *** (Identity withheld for privacy reasons).

Hello, I am a part of Gemini and I was told to reach out to you regarding some attorney help. I am having an issue regarding lemon law and my vehicle contract being breached. It is a very long story but I will give the cliff notes version. So it all started when they sold me the wrong car in October of 2018. We resolved that issue and during my first service appointment in early 2019 I complained about a tremble when sitting idle. They checked and said they couldn't duplicate the issue. I then proceeded to complain about this issue pretty much every service appointment only for them to respond with everything was fine. Last September I had to bring my car in for the big service appointment to change the transmission fluid and other things. I was hesitant to do it as I had already been experiencing issues but they said if I didn't get it done that my lifetime powertrain warranty would no longer be valid. So I complied and set the appointment. When I arrived they asked if I was having any other issues that I would like them to check out during this service appointment. I brought up the tremble again to the service guy that I typically go to every visit. He stated that he remembered me complaining about it for awhile and asked for some more details. Once I explained he said that he had a Tahoe himself and that it was definitely not normal. I expressed that I knew that which is why I kept complaining about it. He said it sounded like motor mounts which was very strange to me as those hardly ever go bad. Come to find out they were bad or so they said. He told me it would take some time to get them in so I could take my car and it wouldn't cause any further issues until they came in to change.

I said ok made the appointment once they came in and when I came back to pick it up I was furious. As I was pulling out of the dealership the car was shaking terribly. About ten times worse than before and I was now having issues when I was braking. I called immediately and turned around. I asked if they test drove it and they hadn't. Another long story short I had to leave it for the weekend with now loaner car for any of these visits. I called my service tech on Sunday to see if it was ready to pick up and he told me it was but they had received another set of bad motor mounts and that's why it was so bad. I picked it up as instructed and didn't hear again for about a month. I then called to check in only to find out they still didn't have the part. Another month went by and I called again. This time only to find out that TWC didn't want to cover anything without having the vehicle present for inspection. I was extremely frustrated as this hadn't been told to me. Another week or so went by and I called again. At that time I found out that they put an aftermarket part on my vehicle and TWC won't touch it. So now it has been another month and a half and my car is still not fixed and is progressively getting worse. I am extremely frustrated and need to have this resolved. I am sorry it is so long but it has been a very long and tiresome process. I have talked with a friend who owns a couple dealerships and he said I needed to talk to a legal team ASAP. 

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.

[-]
Quick Reply