Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eBay refunded buyer before I was able to process a claim
Here is a previous question that was asked by *** (Identity withheld for privacy reasons).

Hi, can you help me with arbitration against eBay? 

It is a lot to type but the short version is they refunded a buyer before I was able to process a claim (the item arrived damaged). I took pictures of it beforehand. The eBay rep told me they would not process the return until my claim was done. The buyer sent the item to my old address and they refunded them that voided the insurance with UPS. This happened in October. It was over $2000. I attempted to appeal, I spent countless hours talking with them, and I sent in a letter requesting the money. They never responded which is why I want to arbitrate. One rep told me they would give me the money out of goodwill and then I could never reach him again. There is a lot to the story, but so far everyone I've reached out to can't help me. Is this something you guys can help with? I don't want to just give up and let them get away with it but I'm scared if I arbitrate by myself I won't win. Can they send me an email telling me if they will be able to do it or not? and how soon will I hear from someone? I no longer have access to the address the item was sent and I explained that to the eBay rep also. The item was a Lang cheese broiler.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.

[-]
Quick Reply