Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dispute with neighbor
Here is a previous case by *** (Identity withheld for privacy reasons).

What kind of lawyer can I get? This case started over a year now as a small claim but it now turning into a criminal case. This case is with my neighbor S.T. I would like to know how to serve a restraining order and also how to detain someone.

In 2019, my neighbor sold me a fence. There was a wooden fence in between us but I wanted to change it. S told me that he knows a contractor and can get a block wall done for $5000 and I'll just need to pay $2500. When I paid the $2500, I was supposed to receive some paperwork and the contract from S as proof of him doing business with the contractor. I haven't received anything and when I asked for the name of the contractor, S refused to give me. Water got into the fence and left a stain so I wanted to contact the contractor to come fix it but S wouldn't give me the contractor's contact information. I tried to use blocks to fill the space in the fence but S come over to my yard and started to take my blocks and throw them over his yard. S also started yelling at me talking about I am trespassing into his property and when I tried to take a 6feet level to show him the yard boundary, S takes it from me. S told me that I should go get a surveyor to come to inspect the land but I did that for 5 years so I know what I am doing. S also yells slanderous things at me and he threatens me about property boundaries and that I am trying to change the property line.

The court we went to is The Superior Court of California county of Los Angeles North Valley District where S also works. the first court date was 02/03/22 and when we went there and showed the person who I think was the judge but seem to be the commissioner the information, it was called short and we were told we'll continue another time. The person told me when I was leaving that they will decide in my favor but they just don't know how much money to charge S as yet. When we went back on 04/14/22 for the second day, we were told to bring the contractor with us but we didn't get to. If I did get the contractor, I would have paid the contractor to come for nothing since the commissioner didn't even show up. On the 18 when we went back, the commissioner took more information from us and then made a verdict against me saying, the defendant is making false claims and Mr. T has picture proof of me. They said I needed to pay S $1000 and also pay for his lawyer fees. S is the one that owes me money for threatening me and also because he has asked him for money before. Like once he had taken $3600 from me to repair the fence on his side after the water in his yard damaged it. S is threatening me with criminal charges and is calling me a liar, saying I have been lying to my wife too. S has cameras all pointed at me and at night, he has a light pointed into my backyard. I told S to stop videoing me and my grandchildren but S said that I am the reason he is videoing everybody that comes in my yard.

I would like to add elder abuse to the list both physically and verbally. The physical one was when he took the 6feet level from me and the verbal ones are when S is shouting at me. S lied that I broke the sprinklers in his yard. I didn't do anything because S was the one throwing my blocks into his yard.

When you share the information with the legal team and the lawyer consults me, is it that the information will be shared with S or it will be kept confidential? 

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.

[-]
Quick Reply