Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeking lawyer for divorce case
Here is a previous case by *** (Identity withheld for privacy reasons).

I am having a divorce from my wife S.O. We have been married for about 30 years. I was served with the documents yesterday. There is 1 minor involved, he is 16 years old. On the paperwork, it says that she wants joint custody of the child but I am to get full physical custody. I still live in the house but she left on the 27 of July 2022. There is a house mortgage, loan, and furniture involved. I also own a business and the house is under my name solely. She isn't asking for anything on the paperwork, it just says to be determined the right of the assets and debts. The paperwork also says the alimony is reserved to feature the determination of both the petitioner and the respondent. It was filed on the 3rd of August 2022 in the Superior Court of California, County of Monterey. California is a community state and I want to know how that work since we are getting a divorce. Since California is a community state, I wanted to know if the court will be the one to determine how the sharing of the house goes or will me and my wife decide?

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.

[-]
Quick Reply