Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wrongful eviction dispute
Here is a previous case by *** (Identity withheld for privacy reasons).

I had already sent in some basic information through our form and I received an email from your team this morning. The email told me that there is usually a $150 charge to start the case and it will be pro bono so you won't receive any payment until the case is resolved. Can you waive the fee? 

I was wrongfully evicted from my apartment and they also towed my cargo van that I use for work. I am a business owner so I am self-employed. I had a cargo van for work but the rental expired on it so I was trying to get it registered. It was bought in a different state so when I went to the DMV to get it registered, they were unable to get it done so I had to contact the lender Chrysler Capital to get some documents to be able to get the van registered. They towed the vehicle on September 10, 2022, and they also auctioned it. 

I lived at the Village Oflionstone Apartment. Because of Covid, my business took a tremendous loss and I had to go on a moratorium since I was unable to pay the rent. I also signed a form so that they couldn’t evict me. The moratorium was for 6 months so it lasted from April 2021 to September 2021. They kept on giving me eviction notices but when the moratorium ended, they brought me to the El Paso County Courts for late fees on the 21st of April 2022. They took me to court for 2 late fees and 3 months’ insurance which added up to $186 because it was $75 for the late fee each and I had to pay $12 per month for the insurance which is also apart of the late fee. 

When I was at court, I was unable to speak because the magistrate kept interrupting me. I now have an attorney because I filed for an appeal of the judge’s decision. I found out landlords cannot bring tenants to court because of late fees so I did the appeal and it is now under review. If I didn't appeal the eviction then I wouldn't get anywhere to live because I would have an eviction on my file. They kept adding on to the late fee to add it up to $517 which they lied to the court about. When the judge asked what the $517 was for, they said that it is for rent. I usually pay $1210 for rent per month and I also had to pay for utilities. I was homeless since April 28, 2022, and had to stay in a hotel with my daughter which cost over 50 thousand dollars. I just moved into an apportment. I found out that the apartment complex broke a rule and under the law, it states that they can be fined up to 250 thousand dollars. I need your help because of the damage that was done and also have all the documents in my storage.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.

[-]
Quick Reply