US Arbitration Corp.

Full Version: Ixxo Cart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is a previous case by *** (Identity withheld for privacy reasons).

I live in Illinois and made three online payments in 2020 and 2021 to Ixxo Cart, a company in Germany for their multi-vendor marketplace and app. Due to health issues, I didn't attempt to launch my platform until November of 2021. When I had technical problems launching due to outdated software that had no update available and security issues, I reached out to Ixxo, who refused to help, forcing me to hire a web developer. I then realized that my marketplace platform was run by the company PinnacleCart and NOT Ixxo Cart as I was led to believe when I purchased the platform and application. I contacted PinnacleCart and was informed that Ixxo Cart stole their copyrighted source code and reverse engineered it to build “their” platform and that they were issued a cease and desist and judgment order 9+ years ago, which they ignored and continue to use the stolen source code, which I unknowingly purchased and PinnacleCart did agree to go on record to this fact. Ixxo Cart refuses to reimburse me leaving me to pay $11,000 for a platform and application I can't use because it is out of date and has security issues. I also reported this to the FTC who informed me since I was scammed and paid by credit card I should contact the card issuer to get my money back, which I did and they refused to reverse the charges without even investigating. I am on disabilty and only receive around $1,200 a month to live off of so I had to borrow the $11,000 to purchase the marketplace that was supposed to create an easy way for me to make a little extra money, but instead I'm left financially devastated with no way to pay back the money I borrowed. Thank for your time and I am hoping you can advise to my rights.