US Arbitration Corp.

Full Version: Payment issue with mortuary
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is a previous case by *** (Identity withheld for privacy reasons).

My husband's ex-boss, and his fiancé work at the Mortuary where my son is. He paid $1500 towards the total bill leaving a balance of $1700. They wanted the remainder paid on May 12th the day of our son's Memorial held at a church in Yucaipa. We went to pay on 5/13, they closed early. My husband spoke a few times to them and texted the boyfriend. On 5/27/22 They got a hold of me after trying many times they said and told me we had until 5/31/22 to pay the balance, fill out an Indigent form or have him sent to the coroner’s listed as being abandoned. On 5/28/22 when my sister-in-law called to pay the $1700 balance to the Mortuary she was told the balance due was the original total of $3200. My husband received a text from the fiancé stating that “your sister called me to make a payment but she cannot make the whole payment. We had to refund back the $1500 donation. We will need the balance paid by Tuesday morning”. That was the first time we heard about him pulling out the $1500 he gave us. My question. Can they legally refund the $1500 without our knowledge? As of this afternoon my son is being moved to another funeral home for cremation. I called at 4:28 pm to let them know he will be moved tomorrow. My husband received a text at 8:48 pm from the fiancé letting us know we have to pay $777 before they will release his body.