US Arbitration Corp.

Full Version: Excessive force matter--alleged shoplifting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is a previous case by *** (Identity withheld for privacy reason).

Well, I went into the store and they said I attempted to commit retail theft. When I tried walking out the door one employee was waiting by the door and pushed me very violently and I fell..another employee came and put his arm around my neck to keep me down and then hit me once..at this point I was shrugging and they continued to push me violently..everything should be on video. I told him you are not allowed to touch me this way but they didn't care. when I told him I was gonna press charges against him he told me to go ahead I'll just tell the police you hit me first. I told him you can try but everything is on video..then while waiting for the police and being restraint this employee told me he wouldn't press charges on me and said quote "you did not touch me and I did not touch you" and I said okay because I didn't want him to press charges.

Are store employees allowed to physically restrain someone committing a retail theft and allowed to push hit and tackle an individual?

Status - resolved, excessive force may have been used, matter is settling