US Arbitration Corp.

Full Version: Dispute with home owner and insurance company
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is a previous case by *** (Identity withheld for privacy reason).

I have a  case I would like to discuss with you. I have a supply line in my Condo that broke on March 11, 2022, that cost about $200,000. This is the second time one of the supply lines broke but the first time there was no damage done and I fixed it. My insurance company State Farm told me that I am not legally liable but the board of directors of the home owner for Mosaic Condo SMA told me that I am legally liable and I need to pay a fee of $100,000.

They sent me a letter stating that I have 10 days to pay the fine and I am responsible for it because from the first one broke, I should have changed all of them. when the first one broke I told the board and they came and inspect it but said nothing to me so I got a plumber to come and change it. The plumber told me that the way the supply line broke is very unusual and I shouldn’t change the others so I didn’t. On the home owner policy, it stated that if I am told to pay a fine and I don’t then I will be taken to collection.

I don’t know if I should sue my insurance company or the home owner. It have passed the 10 days I was given to pay the $100,000 fine so I would like to be contacted as soon as possible.