US Arbitration Corp.

Full Version: Seeking extension of notice to vacate property
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is a previous case by *** (Identity withheld for privacy reasons).

I'm a tenant living in the city of Del Dios California, renting a property from XXXX XXXX. I have been living there since 2016 and the landlord is now asking us to move by May 11, 2022. The landlord is asking us to move so she can move her elderly mother into the house. I have not received an eviction letter but I have received an email from an attorney in Texas informing me that we would need to move out of the house by then. Five of us living there, my two daughters, son-in-law and my grandson. It is a two-bedroom, one-bath, and half-space and we have paid our rent and have nothing owing on the property. We are unable to move by the time frame given because I'm trying to find a new place but have not been able to. I have applied for one property and was told they would respond to me within 20 days. We are still looking place to rent and have an appointment today to view another property. When I applied for a new property, the property manager told me not to worry and that we wouldn't have to move.

It has been hard for us because unfortunately we were affected by Covid. My daughter was hospitalized in 2020 for almost 9 days and was on disability for five months. Covid has affected us and because of that, we are unable to move by the time they said they want the house. I have also sent an email to the attorney in April of this month explaining our situation and asking for them to give us until the end of May but he has not responded. I tried calling him last week and this week and have not been able to get through. My friend who is also a real estate agent has tried emailing him as well and got no response. I have been stressed and crying and a lot of people told me not to worry because it was not my fault. I am seeking legal help to get an extension until May 31, 2022.