US Arbitration Corp.

Full Version: CheapoAir will not give me a refund
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is a previous question that was asked by *** (Identity withheld for privacy reason).

CheapOair will not give me a refund

Similar story, I needed to cancel or postpone a ticket, although I was aware that the ticket was non-refundable, I decided to call and ask just in case. To my surprise, the representative told me that it is possible for the ticket to be refunded, but it will cost me a 300$ cancellation fee. I asked several times if they were going to refund me the full amount and I was assured that I would be. I agreed to pay the 300$ cancellation fee. About a month later I received a refund of 227$ when I was expecting about $3300. When I called and asked what is going on with this refund, I was told by their billing department that the air company refused to refund the ticket. When I asked why they had told me previously that it would be fully refunded, they said they had not told me this. I guess implying that I’m lying and that I would pay an additional 300$ to get a refund of 227$, on a ticket that is $3300. I would not have canceled the ticket in the first place if I had known that they would not be able to refund it. But the representative ensured me that it would be. Why I would pay a cancellation fee of 300$ to get a refund of 227$.

Status--satisfactorily resolved.